Note: The SPF requirement only affects sending faxes through E-Mail. You can still send faxes using the website or our fax apps regardless of SPF status.
- Use an email service (domain) provider: Please have your domain provider confirm they have a valid SPF record in place to ensure you’re sending an SPF-enabled E-Mail.
- Manage your own E-Mail DNS settings: Add an SPF record (i.e., one with IP addresses and/or hostnames authorized to send from your specified domain).
If you attempt to send faxes by E-Mail your faxes will fail if your email is not SPF enabled. Note: If you use the following email domain service providers, you should likely already be set up with SPF enabled
The SPF requirement protects against someone spoofing your E-Mail address(es) It also adds another layer of security against phishing attacks and spam E-Mail.
Here’s a short video explaining how SPF works:
Why did we make this change?
We are adopting this standard to protect against someone spoofing your email address(es) It also adds another layer of security against phishing attacks and spam email.
As a reminder this applies to sending faxes by email ONLY, all other forms of faxing have not changed. You can still send faxes via the website or mobile apps.
For more details on enabling SPF, see:
Note: As an alternative solution, you may also add a Gmail account to your list of eligible send email addresses.
To learn about the security features that Fax.com offers, visit our Internet fax program security center.
Adobe® Acrobat® PDF
Group 3 TIF Image
Rich Text Format (RTF)
Graphic Interchange Format (GIF)
Portable Network Graphic (PNG)
Access Snapshot (SNP)
For a complete list of supported file types, please email your request to [email protected].
For Fax.com’s pricing details, please visit our Pricing Page.
You can add as many additional fax numbers as you’d like to your Internet fax program account. Each number costs $11.99 per month and includes 300 additional pages for faxing (to/from the US). For additional pricing details, please visit our Pricing Page.
To add additional fax numbers to your account, please contact us and select “Add another fax number” from the scroll-down list of topics. Once we receive your request, we will send you back a form to complete with information about your new fax number/account. Please complete the form and then email it back to [email protected] Once the new number(s) have been activated, we will send you an email confirmation with your new fax number.
- Login to website
- Click on the Inbound Settings tab and complete the required fields
- Inbound File Format – Choose either PDF or TIF.
- Inbound Fax Delivery: – If you want to receive faxes in your email, choose the Web Inbox AND Email option. You will see the email address you provided on the sign up form is listed as the Primary Address. If you would like to change the Primary Address, you will need to update the General Settings tab. You can also add a Secondary Address so when a fax comes in to your Fax.com fax number, it will be delivered online and sent to BOTH the Primary and Secondary email address. If you would like to retrieve the faxes on the website only, choose Web Inbox ONLY. If you choose the Web Inbox ONLY option, you can still receive an email that will notify you when a fax has been delivered to your Inbox. You can choose the frequency of these notifications by selecting the Inbound Fax Notification Frequency at the bottom of the page.
- Online Fax Storage – Any faxes left sitting online (whether in one of your folders or the Trash) for more than 30 days, will incur a fee of $0.05 per fax per month. To avoid these storage fees, you can choose to Automatically delete faxes by entering 30 days or less.
- Once all your Inbound Settings have been set, click the UPDATE INBOUND SETTINGS button at the bottom of the page
- Email to fax security – If you would like to require a password for sending faxes via email, you will select “Password protect with” and enter your password in the blank space. If a password is entered here, when sending a fax via email this password (and only the password) should be entered in the subject line of the email. The system defaults to “Do NOT password protect.”
- Document Handling – When sending a fax via email, you can choose to “Fax Email Attachments”, “Fax Email Body” and you can choose the resolution of the fax (Fine will cause the fax to take longer to transmit to the fax recipient).
- Email Notifications – When sending a fax via email, we can provide 2 types of notifications: the 1st is an Acknowledgment, where we will let you know that we received your request, the 2nd is a Delivery Status, where we can let you know weather the fax was successful or not.
- Valid From Email Addresses – Here is where you will list all the authorized email addresses that you would like to give access to your service to send faxes via email. Enter one email address at a time next to “New” and click “Update”.
- Once your settings have set, make sure to click “Update Outbound Settings”.
You can change your username and password at anytime to securely fax by Internet and protect your account. To change your password, log in to your account with your username and password. Once you have logged in, click the “Settings” icon located at the top right-hand side of the screen. Click the “General Settings” tab and enter your new username and/or password as desired.
To add a new card, select “Add Additional Card” at the top of the page. To edit an existing card, click the “Edit” button next to the card. Our system requires that active accounts have a valid credit card on file. In order to delete the existing primary card, you will first need to add a new card and select “Primary”.
The “Update Card” or “Add Card” buttons will not be active until you have entered the required information. Once you have submitted the form, you should see the updated card information, letting you know that your update was received.
Please note: We do not accept Discover cards Internet fax program payments.
When viewing the invoice online you can also use your browser’s “Print” function to print a hard copy for your records.
You may terminate your account at any time by following the instructions provided at www.fax.com/cancel